Today was the big day! I had a very early appointment to have acupuncture at 8am. We had to make sure that we remembered to take a progesterone suppository exactly 2 hours before the transfer. Well, about half an hour into the session we remembered and now we were behind schedule. I panicked and thought "wow, now we blew it". I also had to continue to drink the 36 ounces of water required for the procedure. As we left at 9am, I peed for the very last time, or so I thought. I continued to drink the water because I had already messed up once and I was not going to let that happen again.
By the time we got to the fertility clinic I had to pee so bad that I could hardly walk... I think I over did it. Messed up again. I begged Andi to let me stop at a bathroom and just pee a little bit. She would not give in until she saw the tears; I had to pee soooooooo bad I was going to die. How could I enjoy this beautiful moment in our lives when all I could think about was going to the bathroom? Plus I had a very legitimate fear I would pee on the doctor and that is no good at all. Finally we found a little out-of-the-way bathroom around the corner from the office... no one would find me here. I went in and Andi followed. WHAT?!?! Did she not trust that I would only pee a tiny little bit, enough so that I could walk to the room. Well she knows me all too well, and I needed to be watched!!!
After a small amount of relief we went to the office. We waited in the room and were met by the embryologist, a lovely man that was holding the picture of my future baby- the most beautiful 10 cells ever! He came in and gave us the shpiel about how great my embryo was and what a great job it had done dividing. He kept talking about a single embryo, so I said really we wanted two transfered because, well, why take chances. He looked at us and asked us how prepared we were for twins. We can handle it we said. "Okay, because the chances of them both taking are very high" he said. Didn't he know who he was talking to?- two women determined to make pregnancy happen; two women ready to be moms; two women who would stop at nothing to achieve our dreams!! (And one lady who really had to pee!!!! ) So out of his pocket came a photo of the second most beautiful 10 cells we ever had seen.


READY SET GO... to the potty that is. When the sonographer came in the room she told us that Dr. Amy was running a bit behind and did I possibly want to use the ladies room? I leapt off the table with a newfound spunk!! YES!!! She handed me a cup and said "only fill it to here please". Yet another person that does not trust me. I was so happy I didn't care!! Trust, who needs it!
After another little bit of relief Amy was finally here, with her family waiting in the lobby. She is wonderful- she came in on her day off before she started her day out with the family. After some pleasantries she prepped and I prepped. Andi and I clasped hands, the embryologist was ready, and the little catheter with our two precious blastocycts was passed thru a little window to the doctor. We could watch her thread the catheter into my uterus on the big screen. Ready set go! It was done! In they went and now we were moms? Right? Well, they have to check the catheter after the transfer to make sure those little guys made it out okay. The embryologist took it back and unfortunately saw that there they were, still just nestled in the catheter. SERIOUSLY!!! Take two! The second time it was a flawless execution and evacuation!! They were in with no chance of escape!! Now, 2 days of bed rest, praying (a lot of praying) and hoping!! The wait begins! The longest 2 weeks of our lives!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment